Liza- опрометчивый романс

“Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.”- Fyodor Dostoyevsky

The Birth of A Nation- An Excerpt of a Feature Article

As you all know, my COMPLETED feature article disappeared in April after the hard drive in my computer crashed. This left me absolutely devastated and lost; I didn’t know where to start when it came to redoing my feature article. Luckily, my computer is being repaired and I’ll be getting my COMPLETED feature article back in the summer. In the meantime, I was able to rewrite a couple of paragraphs,not the entire piece. My plan is to upload the entirety of my feature article once I have it back but for now here is a little snippet of it. Here are the main ideas behind my piece:

idea of birth being an incredibly beautiful and celebratory event—–contrast that with the birth of the Russian Revolution as a violent horrible birth due to the horrible murders of the Romanov family
political change enforced by violence. Is it right? Is it necessary? Should it be embraced or rejected?
“Revolutions are meaningless without firing squads.” – Lenin

And without further ado, a section of my feature article:

Rebellion is progress.

Rebellion is natural.

Rebellion is rebirth. And birth is an incredible thing. When one imagines birth, they envision a faded white room, a radiant mother entrusting the world with the delivery of her baby, as it embraces the cool, comforting air around it.

Birth takes time.  

Birth takes patience.  And when these factors are lacking, births can get bloody. These are the births that occur in radiant white rooms, a fading mother, hurling her screeching baby into the blinding world as it squirms in its mother’s blood.

The birth of a nation is much the same. Except a young nation is almost always produced in revolution- either through bliss or blood. Political change impregnates a nation with ambition for progress and enforces whether that progress will come naturally or through violence.

Although the latter is messier, it is faster- more efficient- and so restless states are motivated to propel their neonate nation into the world, choking on blood, confused, and vulnerable.
This is represented by the most vicious uprising of all time: The Russian Revolution, following the birth of Communist Russia.  

It was a nation born soaked in Romanov blood.

Mother Russia’s Children under the Romanov Roof
        Russia before the revolution: Romanov history and dynasty

In early July 1918, a royal family entered a house, seeking sanctuary; on July 12th 1918, the same family was dragged out of the house by their feet, leaving a trail of blood and 300 year old dynasty in ashes.

The Romanov Family.

From the beginning of the 14th century Russia was ruled by a tsar under a feudal system. The tsar was an absolute entity, seen as a descendent of God, one who was not questioned.
Politics intertwined with religion, Russia was consumed in unraveling its own mystery that the last tsar, Nicolas II Aleksandrovich Romanov got lost in 

TO BE CONTINUED…

Feature Image from GIPHY: http://romanovdreams.tumblr.com/post/121685774027/tsar-nicholas-ii-1910s

birthFeature articlenationNon-FictionromanovRussia

lizamkv • June 20, 2018

Previous Post