Liza- опрометчивый романс

“Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.”- Fyodor Dostoyevsky

0

поклонник(the fan)

how has studying published authors changed your own writing?

It has introduced me to writers I have never heard about or brought me new information about a writer I had heard about. An aspect of studying published authors that really made an impact on me was the advice they provided. In addition, even though this is rather obvious, I was able to try my hand at emulation and try out different styles and concepts through these authors pieces that we observed.

are you happy with the writer you did?

Yes, Regina Spektor is an incredible songstress and musician, whose innovative style and lyricality inspires me greatly

who different would you consider?

I would love to do Allen Ginsberg since I am a huge fan of the Beat generation. It is not a writing movement that is appreciated enough, even though it gave people a platform to express their political opinions in the 50’s, and personal expression.

what genres have interested you the most?

Historical fiction, Poetry, Classical Literature (19th Century), Absurdist Fiction, and LGBTQ+

what did you learn from the writers? inspirations?

A common piece of advice that all the writers gave were to never stop reading, which I completely agree with. Although I already knew this, it still ignited an ambition to read as much as I can, not only for enjoyment, but also to hone my writing skills. I also learned to look into publishing companies and learn the ways of the industry so I know how to get my work out there.  A few of my inspirations came from the musicians that were explored in the class because I felt the most connected to their originality and work on a creative and analytical scale.

emulation:

My favourite emulation that I wrote wasn’t for a writer’s seminar but from the poem, “Place Matters” by Clint Smith, that we looked at in class. Even though it’s rough, I still find that I made a lot of important points and it stands out to me compared to my other emulations:

we  focus so much on the rates of obesity and blame it on choice,

but there are cases where the decision is only between Mcdonald’s or

nothing.

in the United States, it’s cheaper to eat

bullets than it is to eat

broccoli;

guns are more profitable than

groceries,

so we focus so much on the rates of obesity to distract ourselves from

the real reasons our children are overweight:

it’s  easier to accept it  if it’s

processed, and that’s why the media seems to

have no organic source,

since the truth is hard to come by,

and the truth is hard to

swallow.

do you intend to read more from a writer?

I definitely intend to read more from Margaret Atwood, since I found her work the most compelling due to its themes and content.

blogs:

Lauryn: original and crisp in  tone, detail, and style

Claire: captivating, and concise style

Kanchan: thought provoking and enchanting

Jade: never fails to evoke emotion, memories, and inspiration

Skip to toolbar